Our child care centres in Victoria are open between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Friday. Your child may be picked up or dropped off at any time between those hours that is convenient to you. The centres operate 52 weeks of the year. We are not open on Public Holidays.
Convenience for Families
Aurrum Kids is located within Home-Co centres where there is always the convenience of free parking available right near an Aurrum Kids entrance.
We make things easy for you:
- An enrolment pack with carry bag and hat will be provided.
- Drink bottles will also be provided for all toddler and Kinder enrolments.
- Upon graduation to the 4-year-old Kinder room all graduants will be celebrated with the gift of an Aurrum Kids t-shirt.
- All children and families will participate in a number of orientation sessions prior to starting care.
On arrival each day:
- We open at 6.30am to make it easy for you to manage your day
- Experience free parking conveniently located adjacent to the centre
- Linen and nappies are provided. This means you only need to bring minimum things for the day
- Treat yourself to a free espresso coffee and light breakfast to go, making the transition from drop off to work effortless
- Breakfast available for all Aurrum Kids
During the day:
- The children have a safe, architecturally designed environment to learn and grow in
- Natural play is a key aspect of each centre
- Development happens with self-directed activities supported by caring, qualified childcare educators
- Nutritious snacks and meals are provided to meet the children’s requirements and preferences throughout the day
- Access learning progress and emerging interests through the KinderM8 parent portal
- Share any feedback with us via KinderM8 parent portal
At the end of the day:
- Convenient parking located close to the centre
- We are open until 6.30pm to provide families with flexibility within their day
- Adjacent retailers for those last-minute needs and lifestyle convenience such as groceries, pharmacy, medical centre, gym
- For a small fee we have wholesome cooked family meals to go
You can also expect:
We provide a wide range of services to support children and make it easy for families:
- A team of highly qualified educators and teachers delivering a comprehensive learning curriculum
- Dedicated preschool learning centre supported by our early childhood teachers for ages 3-5 years
- Aurrum Kids specialised learning curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework and our interpretation of the Reggio Emilia philosophy
- Our room programs are designed and delivered by our dedicated in-house educators and can include arts, language, school readiness and music and movement
- Grandfriends intergenerational program
- All weather playgrounds encouraging exploration through natural play including bike tracks, sandpits, green houses, garden, water pumps and cubby houses
- Incursions and excursions including special events and community programs
Experience more of your child’s day with our parent portal KinderM8. Our portal allows parents to connect to their child’s learning from anywhere at any time. Follow what’s happening in real-time and get instant access to information and updates on your child’s learning and development.
Arrival and departure
Children must be accompanied into the building. Please do not drop them off and let them make their own way in. Parents should advise teachers of their arrival and sign their child in at centre entrance
Children are to be collected from inside the building. Parents should advise educators and teachers that they are collecting their child and sign them out.
Fees & Child Care Subsidy
Our fees are charged through our direct debit system. Fees are charged after your Child Care Subsidy has been applied (if eligible). Our invoicing runs two weeks in advance and payment is made through the convenience of direct debit. This arrangement will also make it easy for you to keep your fees up to date. Should you experience financial hardship please speak directly and immediately with your Centre Manager who can direct you to any avenues of support that may be available to you.
Detailed information regarding the Child Care Subsidy is available from Services Australia. Child Care Subsidy – Services Australia
Use the Services Australia payment finder to estimate your Child Care Subsidy. Child Care Subsidy – How much you can get – Services Australia
Financial Hardship support- Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS)
The Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS) provides a higher rate of financial assistance than the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and is designed to apply in special circumstances (e.g. if there is a risk to the child’s wellbeing or in cases of financial hardship)
Who is eligible for the ACCS?
An individual needs to be eligible for the CCS and meet one of the following criteria:
- Child wellbeing
- Temporary financial hardship
- Transition to work
For more information please see the ACCS (transition to work) fact sheet.
Families can only receive one type of ACCS at a time.